Let’s introduce the line-up from Burson Audio and point out the differences between the Conductor models. Most of you will be familiar with the Burson Conductor 3XR reference headphone amp, pre-amp and DAC. This swiss-army knife head-amp has a whopping 7.5w available for the XLR output, 3.75w single ended. With a dual-DAC design built of Sabre ESS9038 and XMOS USB chip for DSD512 . Both the Conductor 3XR and Conductor 3R have 2 RCA inputs available.
The Conductor line-up consists of:
– Conductor 3XR – Dual-DAC, XLR (7.5W) and Single Ended headphone output (3.5W), XLR analog output
– Conductor 3R – Dual DAC – Single Ended headphone output (7.5W), RCA output
– Conductor 3XP – Single DAC, XLR (6W) and Single Ended headphone output (3W)
– Conductor 3P – Single DAC, Single Ended headphone output (4W)
In the same housing as the Conductor, two more products are available, combined they present the best of what Burson Audio currently offers:
– The Soloist 3X is a brilliant powerful headphone amp and pre-amp with analog inputs. The Headphone output is 8W (XLR) and 4W Single Ended. Has one XLR and one RCA input, and XLR output.
-The Composer 3XP is a DAC and digital pre-amp with XLR and RCA outputs.